Racing Livery necktie: “Shaken and Stirred” racing stripes tie. Inspired by decades of Martini racing colors seen on all types of sports cars, the classic blue and red raced from endurance to sprint and was first seen at 12 hours of Sebring in 1962. It is just as unmistakeable a colorway today. You will impress your friends with this one. Choose a white tie base for a fresh, new white; cream for a more vintage feel.
• Pattern: Screen printed racing stripes.
• Fabric: 100% silk
• Printing ink: Non-toxic, waterbased ink.
• Print size: 23″ from bottom point.
• Tie Size: Standard width and length.
• Print Color: triple print: red, light blue, dark blue
• Tie Color: white, ivory, cream
• Care: Gently spot clean or dry clean.
• Creases and folds? Gently iron medium.
Echoing LeMans and other endurance race winners since the early 1960s, these iconic racing stripes help identify alliance to your favorite vehicle team, right you back on on track, and of course, go-faster! Have a human spin out problem? This will help you re-orient your way forward too. With our racing stripe ties, you can simply enjoy the abstract pattern or take pleasure in showing your love for motorsports even at the most elegant of affairs!
The stripes are printed to the bottom point and 23 inches up the tie. The wearer can experiment with different kinds of knots and tying lengths to have some or all of the stripes appear in the knot. Stripe positioning will depend on the wearer’s height and neck size. With some ways of tying, the knot will remain solid powder blue and the stripe will fall at or just under the knot.